Saturday, January 16, 2010

Exchange of E-Mails on a Saturday Morning

Pat:
Isn't coffee on Saturday morning just the best cup of the week?
Of course, I'm retired so everyday is Saturday....

Me:
I have a Kuerig Coffee Maker. Today, I'm drinking "Emeril's Big Easy
Extra Bold" coffee, made by the cupful at precisely 192 degrees. Every Cup is a Saturday!

Pat:
Touche!

Pat:
Mine is leftover from yesterday afternoon. I zapped it for one minute. Are you gagging yet?

Me:
Oh, My God! Gag me with a spoon! Tho Up! Yesterday's coffee, even the finest, stored in a thermal carafe', refrigerated, tastes just like the 'shavings' box of a pencil sharpener......always.

Me:
I don't usually make a habit of eating the shavings of the pencil sharpener box....but if I did, that's what the nuked old coffee would taste like....

Then, out of the blue comes Charlene, who has been buried in studies all week. She had breezed through the kitchen and then the living room and returned to her study hall (the bedroom) and sent the following e-mail:
I was going to say I'm having English Breakfast Tea at precisely 192 degrees, but I went out to the living room and forgot why I was there. Is it Saturday???

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! Nice! In recent weeks, I have been forced (by my inability to get to sleep at night, or stay asleep at night) to drink a cup of coffee now and then at work so I don't try to sleep-interpret. I drink.. uhhh whatever beans are there that I have to grind in the stupid little grinder thing, and I put a shitload of French Vanilla Creamer in it til I can pretend it doesn't taste like coffee. Yum.

    -Shel

    ReplyDelete