Saturday, January 30, 2010

LIttle Baby Car


I was over in Camarillo yesterday and saw this cute little baby car. It's a tiny bit bigger than a motorcycle (and some states require a motorcycle license plate instead of a car plate). It was just so damned cute! One seat only and not much room in the passenger area for anything else. I went to the company website today and found out that it has about 6 cubic feet of storage (somewhere) for carrying stuff other than your body.


I never did see the owner to ask questions but I peered in, took a picture of the dashboard and about died laughing.  Check out the speedometer.  Yes, the big white numbers are miles-per-hour.  The company website says it has a top speed of 76 mph.  That, my friends, is the average speed (when there's no traffic jams) on California Freeways regardless of the posted limits.




These sell for about 25 grand.  Uh, I could buy almost two Toyota Corolla's for that price.  Of course, according to the latest news, you just can't stop the Corolla...... maybe I'd buy two Kia Rio's and pocket the 3 grand difference.  But, as I said before, this was just so damned cute and such an attention getter - every passerby was stopping to look at it.


2 comments:

  1. ...yeah but hoo-hoo would buy such a dumb thing, Midget Highway Patrol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! We have someone that lives locally that has one of those, but it's a bright green. Every time I see it driving down the road I just get a vague sense of worry for the driver cause if anything were to hit him it looks like they'd be absolutely smooshed. Prob gets amazing gas mileage, and is eco-friendly, and yaddayadda no thanks give me support beams and crunch-able frame and leg room and head room. *shudder* makes me clausterphobic just lookin at the thing.

    -Shel

    ReplyDelete