Sunday, April 11, 2010

HIgh-Tech Charlene

Last week, Charlene was studying and I was doing the laundry.  She got up and went into our bedroom for something and walked back into the kitchen carrying an armload of clothes and dumped them on the floor in front of the washer.  At the time, the washer was only halfway through its current cycle, as was the dryer.  I said, "Honey, I got the laundry, just relax and do your studying".  She replied, "I'm just putting this in the washer queue".  The washer queue?  When did that jargon hit this house?

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! That is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By "queue," she means it is your cue to plan on doin' laundry all day. "I comed outta dare, tupid!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't fancy that kind of talk, either. And just why in hell can't I make comments without having to sign up for some kind of account? I don't like having to sign up for anything. The last time I signed up for something I found myself in a rathole in Southeast Asia. I may be anonymous, but my name is Pat Collins. I have a friend who might like to date one of those alleged cows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess I have to take back what I said, at least the part about having to sign up for something in order to make comments.

    PC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I TRIED to post a comment yesterday and it wouldn't let me.So again, I say: "Queue" is not high tech jargon. It just means that Charlene had a few minutes to peruse a British novel. ELEMENTARY.My Dear.

    ReplyDelete